Before the Storm

Before the Storm - Leslie Tentler I just read an amazing book, y'all — Before the Storm. Let me tell you a little about it. Before the Storm is a romantic suspense novel, the first book in the Rarity Cove series by Leslie Tentler.

Before the Storm features Samantha Marsh and Mark St. Clair in the starring roles. Mark's family (daughter, sister, brother, and mother) are featured in supporting roles.

Samantha, formerly known as Trina Grissom, needed to assume a new identity due to ugly events from her past in Memphis. Samantha knows that she must avoid any more relationships, in order to keep her past life a secret.

Mark lost his beloved wife in a car wreck. Mark believes that no one could possibly take her place in his heart.

When Sam and Mark meet, however, their good intentions become harder and harder to follow. It's at this point when someone from Samantha's past finds her, and threatens her future. The climax of this story line occurs at the same time that Hurricane Gina is about to hit the Charleston area, including Rarity Cove.

The book begins with Trina in a very suspenseful situation, which grabbed my attention immediately. The fast-paced action is told in third person, primarily alternating between Samantha's and Mark's points of view. I remained caught up in the story, and finished the book in two days.

The romantic parts contain great romance, with just the right touch of spice. The suspense is appropriately suspenseful. Once I got to the really suspenseful part of Before the Storm, I couldn't put it down. The ending is very satisfying.

I recommend Before the Storm to all fans of Romantic Suspense books. I loved Before the Storm by Leslie Tentler, and grant it our highest rating of Five Stars!

Note: I received a complimentary copy of Before the Storm in exchange for my honest review. All opinions shared are 100% my own.

Previously published at Jane Reads.