Exposed

Exposed - Karyn Good I read a good book recently, y'all — Exposed, by Karyn Good. Let me tell you a little about it. If you're in the mood for a mystery-suspense book with a touch of steamy romance, look no further.

Exposed stars Kate Logan, a former model who has returned to her home town of Aspen Lake, in the Canadian prairie. Kate's career washed up after a car crash, while driving drunk, made public her alcoholism. She has turned her life around and opened a boutique ladies' clothing store, Kate's Closet. As you can imagine, Kate-the-former-model is quite beautiful, but more than that, she is a genuinely nice and likable person. As our story opens, Kate has just had a break-in, theft, and general destruction at her boutique.

Co-starring in Exposed is Seth Stone, a carpenter employed at Kate's father's lumberyard. Bill Logan has sent Seth over to do the necessary repairs for Kate, like install a new back door. Seth is also an artist, specifically a wood-carver and -sculptor. He eventually persuades Kate to let him design a new display case, replacing the one destroyed. Oh, and yeah — Seth's tall, handsome, and sexy, just like a leading man should be.

Check out the Cover picture. The row of buildings reminds me of the small town where I grew up — but the overall effect.... Isn't it creepy? A mysterious watcher threatens Kate — until one day, when he does more than watch.

The climax of Author Karyn Good's Exposed is suspenseful and exciting. I was surprised by whodunit. Read it for yourself, and see if you can figure it out!

Note: I received a complimentary copy of Exposed in exchange for my honest review. All opinions shared are 100% my own.

Originally published on my blog Jane Reads