INVITING FIRE (A Sydney Rye Mystery, #6) (The Sydney Rye Series)

INVITING FIRE (A Sydney Rye Mystery, #6) (The Sydney Rye Series) - Emily Kimelman I read a really good book recently, y'all. I can’t begin to tell how much I enjoyed this book! Let me tell you a little about it. Inviting Fire, the sixth book in the Sydney Rye series by Emily Kimelman, takes up right where The Devil's Breath ends.

I liked the growth in Sydney's character, that began in The Devil's Breath. She is learning that justice can be obtained through non-lethal methods. For example, Sydney is beginning to realize that, if a murder is avenged by another murder, two wrongs don't make a right.

I also liked the presence of people from previous books, especially Merl, Mulberry, and Dan. I felt like I was visiting with old friends. There are also several new characters who are welcome additions to the series as well.

It's possible to read Inviting Fire as a stand-alone, but then you'd miss out on the complete back-story of all of the characters. I recommend that you begin the series with Unleashed, and read the books in order. As Emily states in her Bio, her books contain violence, dirty language, and sex; therefore, they are NOT for children. She makes a point at the end of each book to ask the reader to mention that fact in his/her review.

So, for adult readers who are okay with violence, dirty language, and sex, and who want to read a really good suspense / thriller noir mystery, I highly recommend Inviting Fire! I look forward to the next Sydney Rye book by Emily Kimelman!

Note: I received a complimentary copy of Inviting Fire in exchange for my honest review. All opinions shared are 100% my own.

My review was originally published on my blog at Jane Reads.