Accused

Accused - Wendy Byrne
I read a really good book, y'all — Accused, by Wendy Byrne. Let me tell you a little about it.

Accused, a romantic suspense novel, is Book One in the Troubled Boys, Strong Men series. This is the first book by Wendy Byrne that I've read, but it won't be the last. [Commercial Break: I just purchased her Hard Targets Trilogy Boxed Set (published by Gemma Halliday) which is sale-priced (as of this writing) at $2.99 — that's less than each book sells for individually!]

Accused is a really good book. (I just said that, didn't I.) From the very first sentence, I was hooked. I finished it in two days, only because I very reluctantly put it down so I could get some sleep. You can get hooked, too — go to the Excerpts section of Author Wendy Byrne's website, to read the first chapter of Accused.

The main characters are Jillian Beckett, her son Travis Beckett, and his football coach Sam Carter. The story is told in third person, mostly from these three characters' points of view. All of the characters are realistic and believable.

The suspense at the beginning of the book is quite suspenseful and mysterious. I kept wondering what happened to Travis and who framed him. The romance is nicely romantic, behind closed doors. The book is fast-paced, with plot twists every so often to keep the readers on their toes. The suspense at the end of the book — WOW! What a climax!

I really enjoyed Accused by Wendy Byrne, and award it Four Kitties out of five! I recommend it to all fans of Romantic Suspense.

Note:  I received a complimentary copy of Accused in exchange for my honest review. All opinions shared are 100% my own.