Death in Perspective (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #4)

Death in Perspective (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #4) - Larissa Reinhart

I love this book — #4 in the Cherry Tucker Mystery series. The main character of Death in Perspective, Cherry Tucker, has a great sense of humor, as do many of her friends, family members, and neighbors. I was laughing out loud at times while I read it. The pacing is just right — neither too slow, nor too fast. I had a hard time putting Death in Perspective down. In fact, I stayed up late to finish it; it's that good!

Cherry and the other characters seem realistic, and are placed in realistic situations. Author Larissa Reinhart's world-building in Death in Perspective is spot on. The town of Halo, in Forks County, Georgia, seems so real to me, that I am (almost) fully convinced that I can drive down there, visit with Cherry and her family and friends, meet Tater and Snickerdoodle, eat some barbecue at the Lickety Pig, and hang out a while at Red's County Line Tap.

The mystery of Death in Perspective's "malicious social media bully" comes to a thrilling conclusion. I suspected who the perpetrator might be, but my correct guess in no way detracted from my enjoyment of this great, very fun read. The serious subject of suicide, including teen suicide, is handled well and in a sensitive manner.

In addition to the resolved mystery in Death in Perspective, there is more to the ongoing mystery that began in book 1, Portrait of a Dead Guy, when Shawna Branson asked Cherry for some photographs that Shawna had lost. In preparation for reading and reviewing Death in Perspective, I re-read books 1 - 3, and found several clues to this series mystery that I had not picked up on earlier. I am looking forward to reading book #5, to find out what happens next in the continuing saga of Shawna's photos.

Because of this continuing mystery in the Cherry Tucker Mysteries, I recommend that the books be read in order; however, it is possible to read Death in Perspective as a stand-alone. The important task is .... read the book!

I recommend Death in Perspective to all cozy mystery fans, especially those who like "hick lit" (the author's term — I love it!) books with strong, sassy heroines and quirky characters.

Death in Perspective has earned Five Kitties, our highest rating!

Originally published at Jane Reads