Big Money

Big Money - Jack Getze

Big Money is a great read!! It's Book Two in the Austin Carr screwball mystery series, following Big Numbers (which I reviewed here).

Austin Carr is a lovable scamp of a stockbroker who, through no fault of his own, manages to find himself in one crazy scrape after another.

Author Jack Getze hooks his readers from the beginning, by starting Big Money (told from Austin's point of view) near the end of the action. Austin is in a perilous predicament, where he's in fear for his life from an undisclosed practically nude woman with a loaded shotgun. (She is wearing white athletic socks, like that really makes a difference, but I digress.) Austin then tells his tale from the beginning, so the reader can find out how Austin gets into that predicament, as well as many more precarious situations prior to it.

This technique works - it was so hard to put Big Money down. I wanted to continue reading, because I had to find out the identity of the shotgun-wielding woman, plus learn how Austin got himself into that mess in the first place. Getze kept me guessing until the end.

Have I convinced you yet? Big Money is a great read, four-star rated, and I really enjoyed it! I think you will enjoy it also, if you like light funny mysteries that are more noir than cozy. The characters are well-written, interesting, and quirky. Big Money is entertaining, fast-paced, action-packed, thrilling, and suspenseful, with unexpected twists and turns, and highly recommended by Jane Reads.

Stop by our blog to learn more about Big Money.

Note: I received a complimentary copy of Big Money from the author, with no expectation of a positive review.

{Review originally published at Jane Reads}