Heartache Motel (Henery Press Mystery Novellas)

Heartache Motel (Henery Press Mystery Novellas) - Terri L. Austin, Larissa Reinhart, LynDee Walker Heartache Motel is a really good, really fun read. I love to read cozy mystery books that are part of a series (and I have this thing about reading them in order). Heartache Motel contains novellas from not one, not two, but three cozy series, and very enjoyable, well-written ones at that.

In some cozies, the sleuths give rather implausible reasons for why they sleuth (and I tend not to stick with those series for very long). Rose, Cherry and Nichelle have legitimate reasons for their investigations, in each of their books and stories, which adds to my enjoyment of their adventures.

The Heartache Motel is in Memphis, Tennessee. Rose, Cherry, and Nichelle are staying there because they've gone to Memphis to tour Graceland, Elvis Presley's home.

The authors collaborated very well as they were writing their own portion of the book. The details of the motel are the same in each novella, so much so that a reader, unfamiliar with the characters, could believe that one author wrote the entire book.

I think it's time for "a little less conversation" and a little more rating of Heartache Motel. "It's now or never" for me to give Heartache Motel Five Stars, my highest rating. I highly recommend it to fans of cozy mysteries, especially those who are also Elvis fans and those who have already read any of the books about Rose Strickland, Cherry Tucker, and Nichelle Clarke of Headlines in High Heels.

{This review was originally published at Jane Reads, along with my interviews of Rose Strickland, Cherry Tucker, and Nichelle Clarke.}