Emerald Isle

Emerald Isle - Barbra Annino The books in Barbra Annino's Stacy Justice series just keep getting better and better! The books should be read in order, however. If you're new to the series, begin with Book 1, Opal Fire, then read Book 2 (Bloodstone) and Book 3 (Tiger's Eye) first. Each of them have earned my Four Star seal of approval.

Emerald Isle is wonderful! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The storyline is told from the alternating points of view of Stacy (in 1st person) and her grandmother Birdie (in 3rd person), which is a new and interesting technique for the series. I learned more about Birdie (including her childhood) and the rest of Stacy's family. Emerald Isle is fast-paced -- I couldn't put it down, and finished it in one day! Most of the beloved characters from the three previous books are present, plus new ones, the Irish residents, are introduced.

I can't write much more about Emerald Isle without revealing spoilers. Here's a teaser, though. Stacy's nemesis from Tiger's Eye, the "feisty razor-toothed Chihuahua," makes an unexpected but very welcome appearance.

(Review originally published at http://janereads2.blogspot.com)